For more info, please see NIOZ’s dustiest website: www.nioz.nl/dust
A lot of things are happening at the moment:
- In spring 2016 we’ve been sailing on board RRS James Cook, where we also kept a blog. We collected heaps of nice samples, e.g., from the dust-collecting buoys, which we are now processing into data and, eventually, papers.
- Michelle’s discussion paper is accepted as a “full” Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics paper
- Carmen’s paper is out in Aeolian Research.
- My dusty projects are developing really well and we’re presenting initial results in both manuscripts as well as international meetings like:
- I’ve been awarded a JSPS fellowship to work at JAMSTEC and the Kochi Core Center in Japan.
JAMSTEC is quite an inspiring institute to work in for a marine scientist, given that the research vessels are literally on the doorstep!